Minecraft for Xbox 360 has been very popular on Xbox Live Arcade and today has had a huge revamp. Update 1.7.3 is the second update sine the game was release in May this year and has quite a few new additions that bring it even closer to the PC version. That said there is still a lot to be added before then.
One huge feature now is the ability to change your charachers skins, you can choose between the 8 default skins one Minecraft Xbox 360 like Steve, Tennis Steve and so on. But the best thing is you can now download Skin Packs from Xbox Live. There is only one pack out at the moment but it holds a massive 40+ skins, from Halo’s Master Chief to the Trials Evolusion Guy and even Banjo from Banjo Kazooie. Each Skin Pack will Contain the 40+ skins for only 160 Microsoft Points…..BARGAIN
These are the other new features added to 1.7.3:
- Added pistons & sticky pistons
- Added stackable fences.
- Added shears – required to get wool from sheep, and to collect leaf blocks.
- TNT needs flint and steel or redstone to detonate.
- Redstone wire will now connect to a repeater.
- New textures for cobblestone and brick.
- Added lighting improvements (brought forward from 1.8.2 update) and snow & rain improvements.
- Added a save file cache to improve the speed of displaying the saves list.
- Added ban list functionality to allow players to self-ban from levels they feel contain offensive content.
- Added a ban list section to the How To Play menus.
- Added an option for the host to limit online games to only players in their friends list (no friends of friends).
- Added a seed display to the level load screen (requires existing levels to be saved out again to add the display).
- Changed the tooltip display setting to in-game tooltip display, so that tooltips always display in menus.
- Added the crosshair to the list of things affected by the opacity slider.
- On using the quickselect bar, the opacity of the quickselect, tooltips, splitscreen gamertag display, and crosshair will be set to 80, and will fade back down to the user opacity setting after 6 seconds of no quickselect bar use.
- Added some more Tips & Trivia to the loading/saving screen display.
- Added optional tutorial for pistons and redstone.
- Added a self-building bridge to the castle using pistons.
- Added some sugar cane, cactii and clay to the world.
- Added a few other things for players to discover.
There has also been a few bug fixes but the duplication bug still lies in there somewhere
To download the new update just power up your console and play Minecraft and it’ll do all the hard work for you.
If you don’t own Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition you can purchase it from Xbox Live on your console by searching for Minecraft or you can go here