Today was a good day for fans of the upcoming PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. To start the day off with a bang, the game got a street date for October 23rd… but the details didn’t stop there. The pre-order bonus was also announced, which includes alternate costumes to the already revealed 9±1 characters (depending on when you read this post).
So far, the bonus costumes are as follows:
- Kratos’ brother Deimos, prominently featured in Ghost of Sparta
- Sweet Tooth’s rift energy infused Outcast skin from Starhawk multiplayer
- Sly’s Robin Hood-like costume from Thieves in Time
- Col. Radec’s heavier armor set (Forgive my ignorance on this one and feel free to set me straight.)
- Fat Princess’ pirate-themed costume from the Fat Roles expansion pack
- PaRappa’s space suit from UmJammer Lammy
- Nathan Drake’s winter attire from Among Thieves
- Big Daddy’s plush doll version that the Little Sister has in Bioshock 2
An exclusive costume for each of the characters in the game will be available to all those who pre-order. Plus, characters will also have multiple unlockable costumes.
Later in the day, Heihachi Mishima from Tekken and Toro, Sony’s catlike mascot from Japan, were added to the roster. Gamplay for each character was brief. Toro had three stances: a close-range Justice form, a ranged Torobi form, and a wide-area Oni form. He also received some assistance from his black cat buddy, Kuro. Heihachi did use his level 2 super move to summon his pet bear, Kuma, while his level 3 straps opponents to a launching rocket. Each of their bonus costumes were also shown. Heihachi dons his alternate costume from Tekken 3 while Toro goes business causal. Even that wasn’t all of the new information though. A new stage set in Chop Chop Master Onion’s Dojo was briefly shown, which included a Metal Gear mech in the background.
This game continues to ooze with fan service and I’m stoked! I hanging on every word of every announcement. Now I begin the agonizing wait until July 15th, when two more characters are announced at Comic-Con.