A few days ago, we informed you of the League’s 105th champion, Kha’Zix: The Voidreaver. As of today, Riot dropped a massive about of info about Kha’Zix, including his skillset. Let’s take a look at Riot’s info, our thoughts will be in italics:
- Unseen Threat (Passive): When Kha’Zix is not visible to the enemy team, he gains Unseen Threat, causing his next basic attack against an enemy champion to deal bonus magic damage and slow. (This sounds a lot like Evelyn, I don’t know if this means that he goes stealth here, but it seems like an interesting passive)
- Taste Their Fear: Deal physical damage to a single target. Damage against isolated targets is significantly increased. Kha’Zix passively marks enemies that are isolated from nearby allies. (This scares the crap out of me, not only does this look like it is a “How To” for initiation but at a person that mains roaming supports, I can see how this will impact me)
- Evolving claws increases damage to isolated targets even further. Kha’Zix also gains increased range on both Taste Their Fear and his basic attack.
- Void Spike: Kha’Zix fires spikes that explode on contact, dealing physical damage to all nearby enemies. Kha’Zix is healed if he is within the explosion radius. (The concept behind this is intriguing, it sounds like an insane exploding Cho’gath ability that gives lifesteal. The ult upgrade? Riot pls…)
- Evolving spike racks causes Void Spike to fire three projectiles in a cone. Spikes will also apply Unseen Threat to all enemies caught within the area of effect.
- Leap: Kha’Zix leaps to an area, dealing physical damage to enemies in the area he lands. (Congrats Pantheon, you are now even more worthless. This refresh-on-kill means this bugger could easily be mandropping on you at a moment’s notice.)
- Evolving wings increases Leap’s range dramatically and causes a kill or assists to refresh the cooldown of Leap.
- Void Assault: Each rank of Void Assault allows Kha’Zix to evolve one of his active abilities, granting it an additional effect. Upon activation, Kha’Zix enters stealth and gains Unseen Threat, increasing Movement Speed. Kha’zix can cast Void Assault again for a short time after activation. (So… Rengar?)
- Evolving active camouflage allows Kha’Zix to cast Void Assault three times over the course of its duration and reduces any damage he sustains while in stealth.
Kha’Zix is going to be a natural jungler with his skills and with his ability to evolve his abilities at his own accord, he also appears to be a viable top lane appointment as well. He will be an initiator in team fights as well as a terror for the split push as well. We will keep you updated with more info on Kha’Zix as soon as he is available.